Gateways is giving local and unsigned bands/artists the opportunity to compete for a slot at Gateways Festival.
A brand new Live Music and Outdoor Cinema Event, staged at Aireville Park, Skipton on 6th, 7th & 8th August 2021.
Acts from any musical genre are welcome to enter.
- Four main stage slots in total are available with two opening slots on Saturday 7th August and two opening slots on Sunday 8th August.
- Applications will be whittled down to a shortlist of 24 artists/bands.
- Applicants will be selected based on suitability for a family audience, musicianship and their following.
- There will be heats of six bands/artists.
- Heats will be posted on Facebook weekly for the public to vote on, the band with the most likes on the festivals post will go through to the final.
- Each band/artist who gets through to the final will be asked to submit three pre-recorded, un-edited songs of their own material.
- Four wildcard bands/artists will be selected from across all of the heats by the judges, following heat four. This means if you are not selected to compete in the final following your heat there is still a chance you may qualify for the final.
- Four bands/artists out of the final will be selected to perform at Gateways 2021
Entrance to Gateways’ Battle of the Bands competition 2021 closed at 5pm on Thursday 29th April 2021.
Please follow our facebook page for further updates. www.facebook.com/GatewaysLive